Blackjack is one of the games where the house edge is lower. A card counting strategy (be careful, to say that in casinos do not appreciate this practice is an understatement!) Can not only reset the house advantage but also bring the odds in favor of the player. Much literature deals with this topic, just as some cinematographic films do it with much more emphasis (do you know the film 21 with Kevin Spacey?).
The Ace-Five strategy is one of the simplest systems for counting cards in Blackjack: it is easy to put into practice, and in the right conditions, it can bring the player’s advantage on the bank to a percentage of about 0.5%.
Premise: the proposed system has a purely theoretical value since the probabilities can change on the basis of many variables. It is, therefore, to be considered more treatment for information purposes than a real scientific system.
How Does It Work?
- Determine what your minimum and maximum bets are. Generally, the maximum bet equals 8, 16, or 32 times the minimum bet.
- At the start of each session, you start with a count of zero and a minimum bet.
- For every 5 you see on the table, add 1 to the count.
- For each Ace you see on the table, subtract 1 from the count.
- If the count is equal to or greater than two, double your last bet up to your maximum bet.
- If the count is equal to or less than one, then make the minimum bet.
In optimal conditions, the Ace-Five system used with a maximum bet of 8, 16, or 32 times the minimum bet can guarantee the player a margin on the bank of 0.30%, 0.45%, and 0.75%, respectively.
The Optimal Conditions
This card counting strategy is most effective in tables that follow these rules:
- From 4 to 8 decks of cards
- Blackjack pays 3 to 2
- The bank is on soft 17
- Doubling allowed after the Split
- Late Surrender allowed
- Axis Re-splitting allowed
- Penetration greater than 75%
Can it be used to play online?
Counting the card at blackjack in an online casino, where there are no eyes that can observe “incorrect” behavior on the part of the player, seems to be a very simple undertaking, thanks also to the use of computer support to keep track of the count.
Well, practicing a card counting system may not actually be that simple. Apart from the fact that in any case, it is a prohibited practice and, therefore inadvisable, there are some rules that can make these systems ineffective.
In virtual blackjack games, situations may arise in which at the end of each hand, the cards are shuffled into the deck. In other cases, the cards can be shuffled without this being communicated to the player. In other cases, an infinite deck could still be used.
Simulate The Ace-Five Strategy
Those who are curious to try this or any other method of counting blackjack cards can try simulating them using software called “Casino Vérité.” It is one of the most solid and reliable programs for this type of simulation. With a simple Google search, you will have no problem finding it.…